16-18th July is when the Europe’s best Hardcourt Bike Polo team will be found. Hosted by Geneva this should be one hell of a tourney. For more info click here.
Archive for January, 2010
From Brendan, Blunt Films:
Played at the 2009 Bicycle Film Festival in many cities around the world. This is my small and very quick love letter to the london polo community. An instruction booklet of sorts, encompassing the things you need for bike polo. In reality all you need are: bike.mallet.ball.5friends.
To view Polo Manual Click here
As well as playing some great polo in London we also have plenty of time for computer “banter” (sh!t talking). Hopefully these next set of images wont get lost in internet translation.
So a thread started about polo players looking like cats. Dr Chan a player from Team Netto (Manchester), Seen here in the middle (photo taken of the 2nd place winners of Londons BFF. By Agata)
He looks like this when playing polo…
Someone found this picture…
Our beloved goals…
Last but in no means least…
If you dare to read some more check out the LFGSS thread
Tension is mounting as Geneva are hosting the 2010 European Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships. Here’s Europes allocation:
There is enough space for 48 teams.
The names of selected teams need to be know by first may 2010.
1) Each of the thirty cities that pre-registered gets one team
2) Each city that requested 3 or more spots gets 2 spots.
3) Each city that registered 5 or more spots gets 3 spots.
4) The biggest polo community (and organizers of EHBPC 2009) gets 4 spots.
City: number of teams allowed to come to Ehbpc 2010
The names of selected teams need to be know by first may 2010
London as one of the main polo players in Europe as you can see have been allocated 4 spots. In London players are getting pretty excited (me included), no less than 13 teams have expressed an interest in qualifying for the Euros.
Teams from London are:
1. Rotten Apples (Em, Gabes, Rik)
2. Cosmic (Mat, Todd, Tom)
3. BAD polo (Aidan, Brendan, Dave)
4. Los Coños (Ali, Jo, Sarah)
5. ELKs (Ali, Jon, Ray)
6. Sparkle Motion (James, BDW, TBC)
7. ZU (Brian, Hassan, Mike, Yorgo)
8. The Fifth International (Andy, Iain, Matt)
9. La Schmoove (Dave, James, John)
10. Spinal Tapout (Aram, Ed, Prav)
11. Fiasco (Adrienne, Tony, Josh)
12. Three Beards (Bill, Mark, Rupert)
13. Massive Cogs (Cameron, Emmet, Jon/TBC)
This tourney alone is shaping up to be pretty hot. Lots of frenzied discussions are going on about more teams wanting to enter the London qualifiers. This is probably going to be held in late April. Stay tuned here to find out more developments with the 2010 Euro’s and London’s Qualifiers.
So in London… we have this really annoying guy that comes to the court and constantly takes photos of us, his name is Will but boy he does take some really good photos.
I don’t know what it is but he seems to capture the court side behaviour spot on.
Keep up the good work Will!
Fellow Elk (east london knight) Ali has got a bit of a cold. So for our fixture this week against the Dinos wore new polo attire!