Published November 13, 2007
General , News , PISUMO
Tags: balls, BBQ, mallet, meat, photos, PISUMO, polo
Until we find somewhere indoors to play this is as good as its going to get in winter.
Thanks to the barbecue crew who brought down supplies on Sunday to feed the masses. I think they made some cash from donations to fund doing it again next week which is great news. As the afternoon drew to a close people gathered round the grill and toasted marshmallow. Awww how sweet. After’s the success of last weeks games, polo was again interrupted for a few rounds of PISUMO. As usual – great photos from Robb.
Last Sunday’s polo was wonderful, despite the onslaught of cold winter there was a great turnout – see it in Robb’s photos.
Yorgo just came back from Tokyo and brought this with him…
The basic idea is that – Pista + Sumo = PISUMO:
– you create a big circle of riders holding their bikes (6-7 meters wide)
– then 2 riders at each time get into the circle
– 3 laps in one direction, then START!
– from then it’s like footdown (whoever touches the ground first loses), but with only 2 people.
– you make sumo noises
– If you exit the circle you’re out
See Robb’s photos again for an idea of what it looks like on Brick Lane or watch this…
Anyway see on Sunday and I hear there is going to be a barbecue so bring food to grill!