Published November 13, 2007
General , News , PISUMO
Tags: balls, BBQ, mallet, meat, photos, PISUMO, polo
Until we find somewhere indoors to play this is as good as its going to get in winter.
Thanks to the barbecue crew who brought down supplies on Sunday to feed the masses. I think they made some cash from donations to fund doing it again next week which is great news. As the afternoon drew to a close people gathered round the grill and toasted marshmallow. Awww how sweet. After’s the success of last weeks games, polo was again interrupted for a few rounds of PISUMO. As usual – great photos from Robb.
Published November 3, 2007
Alleycats , Events
Tags: halloween, photos
Friday night around 36 people started at the John Snow for the annual Halloween race, I have no idea how many finished. 11 went through the 4th checkpoint…. And I’ve yet to see a list of winners. Here’s the checkpoint list as I did it:
Start: John Snow
1. Trinity Square, Tower hill – take a note from the skull on the fence
2. Creek St. SE1 – shot of something like Sambuca
3. Somewhere behind Whitechapel Tube – address of next checkpoint written on a wall. Don’t think many people actually found this. I didn’t and I was 8th to checkpoint 4.
4. Bunhill Row, EC1 – told to find a pumpkin to take to the finish.
5. Lincoln’s Inn Fields – Fish around for the address of next checkpoint in a fountain bowl full of stinky liquid and beans.
6. Angel Ct., SW1 – Eat a jelly bean and pull a trick apparently.
7. Rotten Row, Knightsbridge – take photo of the street sign as it was an unmanned checkpoint.
8. Vernon Sq, Kings Cross – Reassemble the skeleton.
9. Myddleton Sq. EC1 – Wasn’t happening when we got there because of police action, but apparently you had to chase a man in a dress around the church and give him a kiss?
10. Finish: Intrepid Fox, Centrepoint.
It was good fun – thanks to everyone who organised it! Photos from Selim. And a report from Josh. See you at polo tomorrow!
Update: The full results were:
2. Wagner (first time racing)
3. James (gay/san francisco)
4. John (dublin)
5. Rob (dublin)
I came in with Max 😉