Published December 6, 2007
Alleycats , News
Tags: fixed gear, hats, MASH, polo, race, smeear
And its the first time I can remember that polo hasn’t really happened. Last Sunday a bunch of people showed up at different times but there was no play. Possibly because mallet numbers are down after a bunch of breakages (get making people!) or perhaps because of the night before? Either way this Saturday everyone will be there, hopefully with some new mallets.
Last Saturday night as the MASH London première at the London FGSS headquarters just off Brick Lane. I only managed to pop in for about half the film and then had to rush off, but for what it was, it was good. Check out other people’s reactions here.
Other people’s photos here and here.
More news on the efforts to help out Ryan – while some people have asked whether the tshirts are lacking in taste – they have been selling like hot cakes and a fair bit of cash has been raised for him. You can now order the t-shirts online but for those of you in London why not pop down to the John Snow this Friday (7th) for the Italian Job Alleycat, all proceeds from go to the Ryan fund again and no doubt it will be lots of fun – 8:30pm.
While we are on the subject of buying stuff you will be glad to know you can now purchase Smeear’s fine hattish goods in Cavendish Cycles – 136-138 New Cavendish Street W1W 6YD.
Published November 3, 2007
Alleycats , Events
Tags: halloween, photos
Friday night around 36 people started at the John Snow for the annual Halloween race, I have no idea how many finished. 11 went through the 4th checkpoint…. And I’ve yet to see a list of winners. Here’s the checkpoint list as I did it:
Start: John Snow
1. Trinity Square, Tower hill – take a note from the skull on the fence
2. Creek St. SE1 – shot of something like Sambuca
3. Somewhere behind Whitechapel Tube – address of next checkpoint written on a wall. Don’t think many people actually found this. I didn’t and I was 8th to checkpoint 4.
4. Bunhill Row, EC1 – told to find a pumpkin to take to the finish.
5. Lincoln’s Inn Fields – Fish around for the address of next checkpoint in a fountain bowl full of stinky liquid and beans.
6. Angel Ct., SW1 – Eat a jelly bean and pull a trick apparently.
7. Rotten Row, Knightsbridge – take photo of the street sign as it was an unmanned checkpoint.
8. Vernon Sq, Kings Cross – Reassemble the skeleton.
9. Myddleton Sq. EC1 – Wasn’t happening when we got there because of police action, but apparently you had to chase a man in a dress around the church and give him a kiss?
10. Finish: Intrepid Fox, Centrepoint.
It was good fun – thanks to everyone who organised it! Photos from Selim. And a report from Josh. See you at polo tomorrow!
Update: The full results were:
2. Wagner (first time racing)
3. James (gay/san francisco)
4. John (dublin)
5. Rob (dublin)
I came in with Max ;)
Published October 29, 2007
Alleycats , Events , News , Not polo
Tags: alleycat, friday, race
Writing of alleycats – check out this archive of ye olde London alleycat fliers. I like old stuff.