Tension is mounting as Geneva are hosting the 2010 European Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships. Here’s Europes allocation:
There is enough space for 48 teams.
The names of selected teams need to be know by first may 2010.
1) Each of the thirty cities that pre-registered gets one team
2) Each city that requested 3 or more spots gets 2 spots.
3) Each city that registered 5 or more spots gets 3 spots.
4) The biggest polo community (and organizers of EHBPC 2009) gets 4 spots.
City: number of teams allowed to come to Ehbpc 2010
The names of selected teams need to be know by first may 2010
London as one of the main polo players in Europe as you can see have been allocated 4 spots. In London players are getting pretty excited (me included), no less than 13 teams have expressed an interest in qualifying for the Euros.
Teams from London are:
1. Rotten Apples (Em, Gabes, Rik)
2. Cosmic (Mat, Todd, Tom)
3. BAD polo (Aidan, Brendan, Dave)
4. Los Coños (Ali, Jo, Sarah)
5. ELKs (Ali, Jon, Ray)
6. Sparkle Motion (James, BDW, TBC)
7. ZU (Brian, Hassan, Mike, Yorgo)
8. The Fifth International (Andy, Iain, Matt)
9. La Schmoove (Dave, James, John)
10. Spinal Tapout (Aram, Ed, Prav)
11. Fiasco (Adrienne, Tony, Josh)
12. Three Beards (Bill, Mark, Rupert)
13. Massive Cogs (Cameron, Emmet, Jon/TBC)
This tourney alone is shaping up to be pretty hot. Lots of frenzied discussions are going on about more teams wanting to enter the London qualifiers. This is probably going to be held in late April. Stay tuned here to find out more developments with the 2010 Euro’s and London’s Qualifiers.